I've known a few "through the night" painters. I've noted some artists seem to favour particular times. Others like to have distinct and regular sessions during the day when they paint while others just fit it in as and when they can.
Personally, I'm into early starts when on my own - it'a amazing what you can get done before breakfast!
|Breakfast sketch from the terrace|
11" x 16", pen and ink and coloured pencils in Moleskine
© Katherine Tyrrell
What's your best time of day for painting?
The options are:
- up with the lark - bright and early
- it's a job - in the studio before 10am
- midday gives me the longest period of static light
- afternoons are for painting
- sunrise and sunset
- late nights are best
- all day long - however long it takes
- when I've got a brush in my hand
- whenever I have free time
- whenever it's quiet and nobody else is around