- You can find a link to all the slideshow presentations on this page - which also includes links to all the downloads
- Much of the content - principles and practical advice - is also excellent advice for all artists who ship art both domestically and internationally.
If you ship art, I very much recommend you take a look.
Harriette Berman (Ask Harriette) is pivotal to the presentation of a lot of this information. For more information about shipping art & craft check out ASK Harriete at: http://askharriete.typepad.com/ask_harriete/shipping-artwork-and-crafts
I've also included links to this information in my "Resources for Artists" website - How to pack, post and ship art - where you can find a lot more information about packing, shipping and posting art
Below you can find a slideshow presentation of one of the presentations
|The Society of North American Goldsmiths website|
I have to say I'm very impressed to find an arts society which sees its role as:
- Extending way beyond an Annual Exhibition - by providing support for its members through guidance about
- being a self-employed entrepreneur who has to deal with a range of business matters
- being an educator
The Society of North American Goldsmiths has a specific section on its website devoted to professional development and the provision of guidance and support with respect to the art business as being a key part of its role.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINARWhat's your best tip?
SNAG produces the Professional Development Seminar every year during the annual conference. The Seminar delivers three hours of concrete information that will change the way you approach your work and the way you do business.
The Professional Guidelines have been developed as a reference to help everyone in the arts and crafts community learn how to handle common but important situations that may arise. These documents are basic tools for improved and equitable business practices, leading toward more standard professional practices.
The Education Dialogue, held each year during the SNAG conference, gives educators a place to discuss whatever current issues they’re facing in academia.
- What's your best tip for shipping artwork?
- Do you have any online advice or guidance which you'd like to share and/or recommend?
Do leave a comment below.