Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm freshening up my blog roll

Just a quick note to say I'm trying a different strategy with my blogroll - plus reviewing contents - and you'll see changes during the next few days while I work through it. At the moment it's very much "in transition".

Baroque Angels, St Nicholas Chuch, Prague (1994)
coloured pencils in sketchbook

copyright Katherine Tyrrell

Here's what I'm doing:
  • aiming to eliminate the 'regular reads' section on the principle that all blogs in the blogroll should be regular reads and/or good references!
  • creating more of an emphasis on groups of similar blogs. This should reinforce the status of each blog in relation to a particular media or genre or other focus of the blog.
  • creating new groups. Can you see which ones have made an appearance so far?
  • aim to make sure I'm including blogs which keep cropping up in 'who's made a mark this week'. The general principle being that the more interesting or informative the content the more likely the blog is to show up.
  • creating more of a focus on blogs which have posted recently by using the facility to display only the '5 blogs' or '10 blogs' which have posted most recently. This means that if your blog stops posting it won't necessarily drop off the blog roll - but there again it's unlikely to show up either.
  • aiming to rotate group positions on the blog roll periodically - probably in relation to any theme the blog is taking at the time. The placement you can see right now is not static.
I think that's it. This exercise only started yesterday so I'm bound to think of something else as things progress.

Note: The sketch is one I did on a painting holiday trip to Prague in late September 1994. This trip was (I think) the first time I used coloured pencils for sketching! St Nicholas Church is in the Old Town Square in Prague (not to be confused with St Nicholas Cathedral!).

3 comments:

  1. Goodness, Katherine that means you've been sketching with coloured pencils for at least fifteen years! I'd say you were definitely a pioneer.

    The blog roll reorganisation looks pretty efficient, and easier to find something of particular interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does that mean I have to wear an interesting hat? ;)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.